Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dreena Burton's "Gimme Chimis"

I've had Dreena Burton's "Eat, Drink, and be Vegan" since it was published, and I only last night made her Gimme Chimis.

They were amazing.

(I'm stealing her picture from the above link - my picture is awful and won't do them any justice.)


So good. My husband loved them too and my kid said they "were pretty good, but not the favorite thing in my life." Well, obviously ;) 

I followed the recipe exactly but used tofu instead of tempeh. I cut it into tiny cubes, fried them till they had a little more texture, and added them in.

You have to try this recipe!

3 comments:

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I have that book too and hardly ever crack it open. Must do that soon, this looks great.

Sarah said...

Same! I'm so awful about making her recipes, but they're almost all amazing.

I ate the leftovers. Now they're gone, and I'm sad.

GreenComotion said...

Love tempeh. Like it better than Tofu, sometimes.

Sound like a delicious dish. I will have to go easy on the bread portion, but definitely fits the bill of a vegetarian meal.

Peace :)