Sunday, June 05, 2016

Starting Over

Okay, so I've gone and done it. Become one of those blogs that stopped posting with no warning, and for over a year at that!

Sorry about that. Aside from regular mom stuff, my husband deployed and came back again and I switched jobs from a vegan baker at a health food store to the Director of Marketing at a local business. And now we're preparing for one last move as my husband retires from the Army and we leave military life behind. We'll be returning to New England in the southern NH area! 



Here's the view from NY into Canada!


So. I've been listening to a lot of podcasts at work and my favorite is Rich Roll's podcast. His voice is soothing (there are a bunch of podcasters who have voices that are not good for my migraines) and he talks to an interesting variety of people. Because of him I'm currently reading Jasmin Singer's ALWAYS TOO MUCH AND NEVER ENOUGH and I'm really enjoying it, which is saying something since I almost never read non-fiction. 

So Jasmin's book centers around being overweight and then finding veganism and still being overweight, and eventually losing the weight. But it's also so much more than that. It's about self-discovery and finding your place in the world and animal rights. And that leads us to her podcast, The Hen House, which I've only just started listening to.

That brings us to me, still attempting to make my diet healthier by eating more whole foods and less processed ones. I started by doing a few rounds of 21 Day Fix (I'm a coach, if you want to sign up and buy a program or some yummy vegan shakeology or whatever) and I finally lost weight after being stuck on a plateau for years. And then I goofed it up again. I was just so hungry and I thought that if I couldn't do the food right, then why do it at all? Though really, the food plan worked better when I was modifying the regular plan by substituting vegan foods than when I did the actual vegan plan. 

So instead, I'm just going to give it a go for whole foods vegan, little to no processed foods, no added oils (but totally a go for avocado and some nuts (but not a lot, because nuts are one of my migraine triggers--go ahead and cry for me)), and mostly gluten free. And I'll share more food pics here, and not just on my food instagram

This week was the first Saturday's farmers market! For whatever reason, the Saturday market is small and the Wednesday one is huge.



And I made this rice noodle and veggie dish from the FORKS OVER KNIVES cookbook. I had to substitute molasses for date molasses and I'm sure that was way less healthy, but whatever. Still good!

5 comments:

Proud Vegetarian said...

It looks good, I can make something like this since it has no soy in it.

The Student-turned-Doctor said...

I will absolutely cry for you not getting all the nuts you want!

greengrass said...

This blog is great.Thanks for sharing such great information for me. I hope you will share some more information about Please keep sharing!

أشجار النخيل الاصطناعية


สล็อต เว็บ ตรง ไม่ ผ่าน เอเย่นต์ said...

เว็บ เล่นสล็อต ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ เปิดให้บริการเว็บตรงสล็อตฝากถอนไม่มีขั้นต่ำ พร้อมรับสิทธิประโยชน์และโปรโมชั่นมากมาย ไม่มีขั้นต่ำในการฝากเงิน ที่เว็บของเรา สล็อต

สล็อต ทดลอง เล่น said...

สล็อต ทดลอง เล่น ระบบใหม่ปัจจุบันที่ได้สะสมเกมทดสอบเล่นสล็อตค่าย PG SLOT ที่ทดสอบ เล่นสล็อตฟรีสปิน ทดสอบเล่นได้ก่อนผู้ใคร ไม่ต้องสมัคร ไม่ต้องฝาก ทดลองเล่นสล็อตฟรี