Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dr. McDougall - Some product reviews

As I reported some time ago, Dr. McDougall's was nice enough to send me my very first bunch of stuff to review for my blog! They were replying to a minor problem I had with one of the many Pad Thai cups I've eaten and added on once I mentioned my blog. 


The Masala Lentil Pilaf:


Photobucket


The Lentil Curry Pilaf:


Photobucket


Both of these were really good, and I say that as someone who generally dislikes all cups of microwaveable food. Rice and lentils and spice - very yummy.


The Pad Thai Soup (as opposed to the regular Pad Thai):


Photobucket


This is also good but not as amazing as the regular Pad Thai - it was a bit sweeter, probably because of the tamarind. 


As for the soups, I didn't like them a lot. This is probably because I dislike non homecooked soup. I have a few left over that I'm saving in case of power outage because they're shelf stable and ready to go and that's very cool. 


I will continue to buy more Pad Thai than I should and now I'll sometimes buy the currys as well - sometimes you just don't want to do anything more than add water and stir :)

No comments: