Saturday, December 28, 2013

I'm Back? Some Holiday Foods

Sorry guys! NaNo (I did it, I wrote 50K+ words!) but then holiday shopping and then I was sick and then it was Christmas - but I think I'm good now. (Knock on wood)

I'm drinking a carrot apple lemon juice right now (Joe the Juicer's "recipe" - 4 carrots, 2 apples, 1 lemon). 

I was so distracted that this happened to my booch - 

 photo IMG_8096_zps0746e29c.jpg


Here's Thanksgiving - I'm going to start mixing it up more because I usually make the same things - Tofurky, gravy, tiny roasted potatoes, 2 kinds of cranberry sauce (different than I normally make, didn't like them as much), mashed potatoes, stuffing. I go gluten for Thanksgiving - I really love tofurky.

 photo IMG_1891_zpsf6ae662f.jpg


My plate.

 photo IMG_7886_zps452acf52.jpg


Here's a gluten free pumpkin cinnamon roll - it was okay, but it was no amazing gluten-y Chloe Coscarelli cinnamon roll of perfection. 

 photo IMG_1880_zps6275e52e.jpg


Snickerdoodles! I used the Vegan Guinea Pig's recipe, and they're pretty great. I gluten freed them - my standard 3:1 brown rice flour:tapioca flour (or cornstarch) but I threw in some chickpea flour for good measure.

 photo IMG_8055_zps33f01e32.jpg


I made some Engine 2 pumpkin muffins as well. They're okay, but the flour is only ground oats, so they were a little thick. (Dreena Burton's recipe, which incorporates some flour (that I subbed for brown rice flour) is yummier.)

 photo IMG_7663_zps10eb8c4c.jpg



No comments: