Friday, July 19, 2013

XGFX Chocolate Chip Cookies & AFR Caesar Salad

Today I made vegan gluten-y chocolate chip cookies for my husband and then I ate a tiny bit of the dough - who can make cookies without eating the dough? To stop myself from ODing on gluten, I made a 1/2 batch of the cookies with gluten free flours. I used the recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar but substituted chickpea and brown rice flours, and cooked them an extra minute or two. YUMMY.


After I ate a bunch of cookies, I realized that dinner should be a salad. I used one of my farmer's market eggplants to make the eggplant bacon from Appetite for Reduction and I made the awesome Caesar Chavez dressing. I gave the kiddo only one slice of eggplant in case she didn't like it (she liked it!) and I made her the basic baked tofu in case she didn't eat enough salad. She loved it all, and I didn't give her dressing - she doesn't like dressing, and this one has cashews, and she's allergic to tree nuts.


That's all for today. The south is trying to kill me with it's heat and humidity and I've had a migraine for 4 days now - I take the meds, it goes away, it comes back. Stupid migraines.

1 comment:

Chante said...

This is gorgeous!