Thursday, July 18, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday - My First!


My first What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW)! 

When I got pregnant with the kiddo I gained 50 or so pounds. Fine, whatever. She's 6 1/2, and I still have those pounds hanging around. Two years ago today I was 16 pounds less than I am right now - this might seem like not a lot if you're tall, but I'm 5', and for me, it's a lot. Not only am I uncomfortable, but the 8 or so pairs of shorts I bought 2 summers ago are too tight. Way too tight, and so I am getting back onto the healthy eating train. NO GLUTEN for my gluten intolerant self. More fruits and veggies! Even more water (I only drink water and one coffee a day, but sometimes, like today, I had 2 cups, in an attempt to be rid of a bad migraine).

Yesterday I took pics of most of my food (but not my coffee or my apple or the rice cake I ate).

Smoothie! Watermelon, kale, banana, lime juice. I was dubious, but I wanted to use my frozen watermelon, and it turned out pretty yummy! It was about 2 cups of frozen watermelon, 2 kale leaves, 1 banana, juice of 1/2 a lime - it needed more lime.



Mmmmm hemp smoothie! 8th Continent Soymilk, 2 tbsp Nutiva Hemp Protein + Hi-Fiber, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen mango. Creamy and awesome.


I went to the Wednesday farmer's market! This and 1 more of the pickling cukes cost me $12. Those farmers keep rounding down their prices on me, so this time I rounded up and insisted. The peppers and tomatoes are from Lamar, who is a super nice guy. It has rained a LOT here lately, and the kiddo and I love it, but sadly for the farmers, it's doing bad things to their crops, so 2 of the peppers were free because they had bad spots. 

I've never had green eggplant before! I have no idea if it's different, but those 3 decent size eggplants cost me $2! 


I finally made the Forty Clove (10!) Chickpeas and Broccoli from Appetite for Reduction. Pretty yummy, but the kid wasn't really a fan, and I don't think the hubs would eat it, so I probably won't make it again. Food isn't diet food if you eat all the servings! :D 



2 comments:

Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

I miss blog hopping. Glad I landed here. I kept reading and scrolling and reading and...well, finally decided to say something. I totally feel you on the weight thang. I too am five feet tall and my kiddo is now 5, buy my 'big mama' pants are feeling snug. I don't have to tell you to do the math. :) Love your blog, glad to see the yumminess that fills it. I'm not GF but my sis in law is and I love learning new stuff that's still vegan and delicious. Happy MoFo'ing!

Sarah said...

Hi and thanks! I do a lot of scrolling and reading and not commenting myself so I get it :) I'm 5' as well and it makes me sad when my fat shorts are snug and I live in NC and I have a ton of even smaller shorts. I'm only USUALLY GF - sometimes I just have to have something gluten-y so I do. Vegan was easy but gluten free is hard!