Friday, June 28, 2013

XGFX Blueberry Pancakes

My last pancakes left a little to be desired - the taste was okay, but I used too much chickpea flour so they were a little heavy. Tonight, I vowed to do better. (Yes, tonight, everybody needs brinner sometimes.)

I used the recipe from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's "The Joy of Vegan Baking" and for the 1 cup of flour I subbed:

2/3 cup + 1 tbsp brown rice flour
3 tbsp chickpea flour
1 tbsp cornstarch

It was still a little thin looking, so I ground up 1 tbsp gf oats and added the oat flour into the mix.

They didn't rise a lot, but they were YUMMY, and little Miss Picky cleared her plate (though she is weird, and thinks blueberry pancakes are gross, so I gave her plain), so you know they were great. 

Amazing. The picture isn't so great because I didn't grease the pan enough and they stuck and I made a mess.



No comments: