Friday, June 07, 2013

Peach Booch!

Updates on my kombucha making adventures!


So generally, booch should ferment (the first ferment) about 7 days, though I'm learning that in the summer I should reduce this number. My last batch of booch fermented for well over a week because I ran out of tea to start a new batch and I kept forgetting to buy more tea. 

Yesterday I finally bought more tea to start a new batch. Upon tasting the over fermented batch, I realized it tasted sort of like vinegar - whoops. I was trying to figure out if I should dump or salvage the batch when I remembered I had a bottle of Trader Joe's very sweet Dixie Peach juice and I decided to add the peach juice for a second ferment. I made some peach kombucha, some peach cinnamon, and some peach ginger - cross your fingers it turns out yummy!!


No comments: