Thursday, June 20, 2013

Kathy Patalsky's "365 Vegan Smoothies" & more from Joanna's "Yellow Rose Recipes"

I recently requested and received a digital ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of the book "365 Vegan Smoothies: Boost Your Health With a Rainbow of Fruits and Veggies" by Kathy Patalsky. Here are two of the smoothies I've made from the book so far - the Cozy Cinna-Bun and the Watermelon Frosty. 

As you know, I've been making an oatmeal cookie smoothie, and Kathy's recipe is pretty much the same, but she really went for it and punched up the flavor by increasing some of the ingredients I was holding back on. I could drink this every day. 


And here is the Watermelon Frosty. Really yummy as well, but when I squeezed 1/2 of a lime, I got just under the recommended amount of lime juice so I figured it was close enough. I was wrong. Listen to the directions or go over - more lime! Yums.


Recently I realized that there are still a ton of recipes from Joanna's "Yellow Rose Recipes" that I haven't made yet. Given that her recipes are some of my favorite, that is just unacceptable. I bought a rosemary plant, so here are the rosemary potatoes! Yums, of course! The kiddo even liked them, phew.



No comments: