Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tofu Scramble Soft Tacos

I love tofu scramble. I really, really love it. I've only ever made four recipes - the one from Vegan with a Vengeance, the one from Vegan Brunch, the one from Yellow Rose Recipes, and the one from The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook. Love it all. My preferred veggie combo for scramble is onion, mushrooms, broccoli, kale, and shredded carrots.

I've had scramble made for me at restaurants twice, and both times I was pretty disappointed. Once was at the Grand Floridian in Disney World - it was sort of flavorless, but they put vegan cheese on top, so that helped. The other time was at The Friendly Toast in Portsmouth, NH and it was sort of just clumpy and plain.

But the VwaV tofu! Spicy and noochy and lemony and great. Sometimes, I think I want it, but then I make it and don't really want it. In those cases, I put it in the fridge and turn it into tofu scramble soft tacos over the next few days. I just put it on a corn tortilla with vegenaise and sriracha and it's amazing. So good. 



As an important general note - the vegenaise and sriracha combo is magic for sandwiches. If you add avocado, it's even more amazing. Try it.

1 comment:

chow vegan said...

Yummy looking tacos! I've been making breakfast burritos with tofu scramble with a lot of the same veggies as you. No broccoli though, I'll have to try adding that in. Don't know why restaurants can't make a good tofu scramble...