Thursday, March 14, 2013

What I've Been Spending My Time On - YA Books!

I remember that through high school I loved to read. Of course, high school is right around the time teachers start inundating you with things to read - books and articles and plays and textbooks - and suddenly you don't have time to yourself to read - it's hard enough to squeeze in working and sleeping and hanging out with friends! Something has to give, and with me, that was reading for fun. 

Eventually, I went so long without reading for fun that eventually I just forgot what I liked to read. I got pulled back into reading a little bit with Harry Potter, but then I was just in for Harry and no one else. Of course there was the Twilight series, which I read in record time. And then, Amanda sent me a few YA (young adult) books she had, including Cassandra Clare's "City of Bones" and "City of Ashes" and that was it - I was hooked into reading again. I joined Goodreads and started logging all the books I'm reading and want to read, and I found Anna Reads' blog and it all snowballed into full-blown obsession.

Now at any given time I have at least 6 YA books from the library waiting for me. I'm currently reading:

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

 photo ScreenShot2013-03-14at121004PM_zpscd6fa3c3.png

Every Day by David Levithan

 photo ScreenShot2013-03-14at121028PM_zps5c2211ad.png


Elixir by Jennifer Armentrout (this is part of her Covenant Series, which I started reading after I got caught up to date with her Lux series and read her standalone, Cursed. I also bought her first NA or New Adult novel, Wait for You)

 photo ScreenShot2013-03-14at120912PM_zps1dcfdfa1.png


and I have to get a move on because I have 5 other library books to read, and I pre-ordered Cassandra Clare's The Clockwork Princess and Lauren Oliver's "Requiem" will be here from the library any day!

So far my most exciting moment in YA reading was the day I got an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy - publisher send them out for people to read before they're published) of Burn for Burn by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han (Go read everything they've written as well - really good stuff!) and Simon and Schuster publishing - it was like Christmas - I was so excited! 

So there you go. If you're wondering what I'm doing instead of blogging about food, it's reading. I'm going to integrate some book posts into the blog - that seems easier than starting a separate book blog, at least for now :)

No comments: