Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tuesday's Post, One Day Late


I was going to mofo every single day in October but yesterday Time Warner decided to drive me insane. The cable and internet kept cutting in and out and when I called the automated messaged blamed solar flares, and then later they admitted to an outage. So no internet, no mofo post.

Now here is the post I planned to do yesterday. 

As I promised, I started the day with a green smoothie. I'd remembered to get kale and bananas but I didn't get another fruit - for me a green smoothie must have a banana and then some other kind of fruit. This one was kale, a banana, a tablespoon of flax seed, and about 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries. Sad small smoothie.


Later in the day I cleaned the kitchen and then I decided to make the samosas from Vegan With a Vengeance. This was a poorly chosen order because I of course trashed the kitchen making samosas. I made them gluten free by using 1/2 rice flour and 1/2 chickpea flour. When I rolled out the dough it was really sticky so I put it back in the kitchen aid and added more chickpea flour. And then more. And then some more but it was still sticky! At that point I decided that instead of rolling the dough out I would take clumps and flatten them individually by hand. That was a slow pain in the butt so I recruited my adorable child labor force of one :) 

Here are the finished samosas and the Indian rice from VwaV, heavily modified - mostly to not be spicy. I loved it all and the kiddo kind of liked the rice and samosa, but the husband didn't. Alas.


Yesterday I started getting a migraine again - I've had a lot recently, so I didn't take my medicine because it was around 4pm or so and I was hoping I could make it through the day and go to sleep. Going to sleep usually works to reboot my brain (or whatever) but today I woke up at 2:30am with pounding head pain - all over. I took my migraine pill (relpax) and 2 aleve (as my neurologist told me to) and tried to go back to sleep. My head actually hurt too much to sleep and the meds didn't kick in! Around 5am I took my 2nd dose of relpax. NO HELP. I tried to take a hot shower - the water didn't get hot enough to help and I was nauseated like crazy. I realized the pain was more facial so I took my last 2 pseudoephedrine pills (as recommended by my now deceased allergist who was the nicest doctor I've ever had) and 2 excedrin I still had. Still felt like crap. Made lunch for the kiddo for school and the husband came home from work to take her to school for me - hurray! 

It's now 10:30 am and I'm mostly all better. I finally got to drink my coffee and I ate a leftover samosa. I'm going to wait a bit and if I don't feel like dying again then I am going to make a green smoothie of kale, banana, and frozen peaches. Yummy! 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. You and your labor force did a good job with the samosas!