Tuesday, October 02, 2012

My Favorite MOFO Recipe From 2011

Photobucket

My favorite MoFo recipe from last year was the cheesy millet and kale salad from Keeping Healthy Getting Stylish. That's funny because I didn't even like millet until I tried this recipe.

Up until yesterday I hadn't eaten this meal in awhile because I was out of millet for awhile, and given that this is the only way I eat millet, well . . . I made it yesterday and today and today I tweaked it just the tiniest bit. I reduced the tahini from 2 tablespoons to 1 tablespoon and I increased the miso from 1 teaspoon to about 2 teaspoons. Also, today I steamed the kale instead of tossing it in raw. Those changes made it a little less rich and I liked it even more.

Here's today's version.

Photobucket

And yesterday's version had a bit too much kale.

Photobucket

Here's last year's!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! That looks great! I'm not sure if I like millet either so I'll be giving this a try.

Dawn said...

Sounds delish!

Kelly said...

Ohhh, I haven't found a recipe that makes me like Millet yet, so I'll have to try this! Thanks.

Abby said...

That looks so easy and delicious. Thanks!