Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cooking without stuff

So since I did originally plan to stay up north, I moved my stuff onto a POD. But then I moved there, and moved back here, and for whatever reason they forgot to move my POD like they said they would. Long story short, my stuff has been on a POD since July 30th and they won't have it back to me until August 20th. Needless to say, I'm not a POD fan anymore, and I've spent the last week or so trying to cook and eat with almost nothing - no equipment, not a lot of food (oh how I miss my Vitamix).

A recent meal made from stuff I scraped together was rice (white success 10 minute boil in bag rice) and beans (Dr. McDougall's black bean soup) and some summer squash with the Penzey's Arizona Dreaming spice mix. The kid actually did a good job on that dinner.

Photobucket

For leftovers the next day (for me, not for the kid) I took the leftovers and added some nooch and put them on one of those gluten free rice tortillas. That was actually pretty yummy, but I could eat burritos and tacos for almost every meal and be pretty happy.

Photobucket

Tonight's dinner was a weird combo - oil popped popcorn, broccoli with smart balance (the vegan one) and some Penzey's Mural of Flavor. Dessert is koala crisp ($1.93/box at the commissary right now!!!) with soymilk.

No comments: