Monday, July 23, 2012

XGFX No Bake Cookie Dough Bites

You know what's worse than having a craving? Having a craving when you're moving soon and trying to avoid buying anything. Yesterday morning I made chocolate chip cookies for the husband (vegan except for some non-vegan chocolate chips I used, and definitely not gluten free) and I snuck some of the cookie dough to make sure it came out well - it was Isa's recipe from VwaV, so it did, of course. But last night I wanted more cookie dough and so I set out to make some.


I started by combining some gluten free flours and then stirred (smushed with a spatula, more than stirred) in the other ingredients until they got to a texture that would stick together. 


1 T tapioca flour
2 T buckwheat flour
3 T brown rice flour
3 T peanut butter
1 T sugar
1/2 T oil (I used canola)
1/2 T blackstrap molasses
1/4 t. salt


The result tasted pretty awesome to me but I wasn't sure if it was because they were good or because I was desperate. In any case the kiddo wanted to try some and then she finished the ball! She wouldn't even finish one of the cookies I'd made, so that tells you something.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Veganosaurus said...

Looks like your little girl has great taste. That cookie dough ball looks and sounds super delicious. Who doesn't love something that's super quick to make and hits the spot just right? :)

Sarah said...

Thanks! They were yummy and it's always great when she likes food I make :)

Anonymous said...

mmm, those look delicious! perfect when a craving hits!

Sarah said...

thanks! they really were. i actually just snuck a bite of real cookie dough since I was out of the balls and it wasn't as good! :D