Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Stuffed Peppers and Leftover Tofu

The other day I wanted to  make stuffed peppers and I actually had 3 stuffed peppers in the fridge! A rare occurrence since they're usually so pricey. I looked through a few cookbooks and I wanted to make the ones from Jae Steele's Get it Ripe but it seemed a little more hippie-like (I mean that in a good way!:) than the husband and kiddo would eat so I googled. I can't find the link now but I only used it as a very rough idea.


I sauteed onions, zucchini, summer squash, and mushrooms and added it to leftover brown rice I had along with salt, pepper and some oregano. I split some green peppers in half and then filled the peppers with the mixture. I topped a few peppers with some daiya mozzarella and cooked them at 350º for 25 minutes (20 minutes covered with foil, 5 minutes uncovered). I thought they were great, the husband liked the inside but not the peppers, and the kid nibbled a decent amount.


Photobucket


For the tofu I took leftovers from my meyer lemon tofu and pan heated them and crisped them up a bit. I'm the only one who liked the tofu.

No comments: