Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Recent RAW Eats

Here are some raw foods I've made and eaten lately.


Zucchini noodles - I had some a year or so ago and didn't like them but I figured I'd give them another try. I still don't like them, but I got a nice pic! Zoodles with a marinara I whipped together and a raw parm I made that's equal parts ground sunflower seeds and nooch with a dash of dried herbs. I also tried the sauce and parm on some dehydrated eggplant slices and it was surprisingly yummy.


Photobucket


There's a raw ranch dressing recipe floating around that I made (modified) and it's really really good. Here it is on a simple salad.


Photobucket


This is a mudslide smoothie - the recipe is in Alissa Cohen's "Raw Food For Everyone."


Photobucket


Avocado cups, the recipe is in Alissa's first book, "Living On Live Food". They're supposed to be served in the avocado skin but I just put it all in a bowl.


Photobucket


Here's a juice I made in the vitamix - it's just an orange (peeled) and some strawberries and some ice.


Photobucket


Now for the ranch. The original recipe is at The Rawtarian and my modifications made it a 1/2 batch to accomodate what I had on hand.


3/4 cup + 2tbsp cashews (soak first) 
6 tbsp water 
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 
1 1/2 tsp onion powder 
1/2 tsp dried dill 
1/2 tsp sea salt

1 comment:

Southern Purple Veggie said...

Wow all of your food looks so delicious it makes me crave that zucchini dish so much.