Sunday, October 09, 2011

Bad Influences: The Appliance Edition

Okay, I'm talking to the new cake pop maker. Yes, I know that technically a cake pop is frosting mixed with cake and coated and all that, but I have an almost 5 year old who just doesn't care about specifics like that :)


Bad thing number one - the immediate mess to make cake balls for the kiddo.


Photobucket


I used the recipe for vanilla cake balls in the book that came with the machine and just substituted ener-g egg replacer for the eggs and they came out well! They were a little tough but it was the kiddo's first time with the beater and she really liked using it :)


For the coating I made a vanilla glaze (also in the book) and added a few drops of red food coloring. We had some red sugar sprinkles that a kindly PPKer sent and we used those.


Photobucket


Ta da! Yumminess. Bad yumminess. I have to figure out a good xgfx recipe to go with this because I have a gluten headache now. Alas. I wanted to try one just to see how they were, but we were dipping cake balls in pink glaze, so I had like 3. Or 4. Fail for me, win for the machine!

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oh yum! I've made cake balls before but never cute ones on a stick like that. I'd certainly be tempted to add that gadget to my list!

Dawn said...

Those are adorable. But of course not quiet as adorable as that almost 5 year old who seems to be enjoying them :)

x said...

Livi is such a cutie!

I would love to make cake pops but they look like such an effort and as I can see, they lead to lots of washing up :(