Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mustard-y Fried Tofu and Tempeh Fajitas

Two recent meals!


The mustard-y fried tofu is RachaelRayForever's recipe (I've asked if I can share that here, if not, you can just imagine the awesomeness) except I changed the flour from regular all purpose to 1/3 chickpea and 2/3 brown rice flour. This is the only recipe for cooked tofu that Livi likes (the husband does too) - other than that, she likes her tofu plain and sliced thin. 


In case you're doing Weight Watchers (hey, by the way, I am! Between that and P90X and Chalean Extreme I'm down 17 pounds!) the tofu is 9 points a serving. That's using a block of House Extra Firm Tofu divided into 4 servings (3 slices a serving is how I do it). 


Photobucket


Photobucket


And Tempeh fajitas from tonight. Tempeh marinated in 2 tbsp tamari, the juice of 1 lime, and about 1 tbsp of chili powder. I sauteed the onion and green pepper in 1 tsp of olive oil until it was fairly wilted and translucent and then I added the tempeh. I served it on corn tortillas and with some of the sour cream from Joanna's Yellow Rose Recipes (sorry, if you don't have it, you're probably SOL because she's stopped selling it, but you can sub a different sour cream sub). Super yummy! Those 2 were 6 points.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Both those meals look amazing!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Mmmm that tofu looks great.

Tapioca said...

Love your stuff girl! :D

Caitlin said...

both of your meals look amazing! the fajitas look like something from a restaurant. that sour cream looks out of this world!

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone!! Oh those fajitas. Maybe I'll have more today . . . :D