Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Gluten Free, Day 10

Today I had one heck of a migraine, but I didn't drink quite enough water and I forgot my allergy pill. So that's 2 bad (regular for me) migraines in 10 days which is so much better than I was doing before! 

Today I finally gave in to my need for Veganomicon's Autumn Latkes - made of carrots, sweet potatoes and beets, I LOVE these so much. It's because of these that I learned to adore beets. Accompanying them is the horseradish dill sour cream - also yum! Tomorrow I'll be standing in front of the fridge, eating them cold. 

Photobucket

Here's a variation on my new favorite salad - I jokingly call them The Lauren, because of Ginger is the New Pink - they remind me of her salads :D My variation is lettuce, a sliced bubbie, a crumbled sunshine burger and some tahini and balsamic vinegar. I also add some salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne.

Photobucket

So going GF hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be. 

I found this at the store the other day - anyone ever had them? I'm curious.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tiff said...

Hello,

I just found your blog by searching creamed coconut. I'm a slightly lapsed vegan in Sanford (Darn that cheese!) You're inspiring me to get a little more serious about my eating habits again. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and a good place to find Kale is the farmer's market in Raleigh. (At least, when it is in season. I don't know if it is right now.) I got a giant bag of it there for approximately $2.50. It's a bit of a drive from Fayetteville, but it is SO worth it.

Lauren said...

LOL!!! The Lauren? Haha! I love it!!

bitt said...

Sorry about the migraines. I hope getting gluten out helps. If you need any GF advice let me know. 14 years and going strong. lol. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Hi Tiff! Mostly vegan in Sanford must be tough too! I thought I'd have issues quitting cheese but it actually was really easy - if you really want to, you will :) WF had some organic Dino Kale and that was good. I haven't been to the Raleigh farmer's market in 6 years or so.

Lauren :D

Bitt - Thanks! It really seems to be helping. I got an almost migraine today, but I'm recovering from a cold and the facial pressure is KILLER, so...