Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Scale is Not Your Friend!

So we hear it all the time, but it's really hard to believe, isn't it? If that number isn't moving, or it's moving the wrong way, we must be doing something wrong - right? Wrong! Not to say that I don't feel the same way - even to this very day - but I'm trying to learn.

Take me, for example. Today is day 45 for me of P90X and the scale has gone down a pound or two since I started. Yep. Only a pound or two. And yet my legs, which always look nice are now solid, and my arms are much more toned (I actually got distracted by a new muscle in my arm the other day while tearing foil for Vegan Comfort Food sausages and tore off way too tiny a piece of foil - haha). When I stand in front of the mirror, I can tell from certain angles that I am thinner (tell that to my pants!) and I just touched my side more toward my back and there was definitely less of it. Also? Last night I tried on a pair of American Eagle jeans that are so lovingly worn in and sure, I had to lie down to get them buttoned and it gave me a horrible muffin top, but I got them on!! I couldn't get them on a few months ago.

So my scale? It's under the sink. Fork off, scale. I'll see you once a week, and if I don't like what you have to tell me, then I'm going to forget it happened.

1 comment:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Yes! Don't even bother looking at the scale! It's awesome that you're muscles distracted you! Haha.