Saturday, October 02, 2010

Review: Sam Mills Corn Pasta & Mary's Gone Crackers Sticks and Twigs

I'm sitting here crunching on some Mary's Gone Crackers brand Sticks and Twigs, the sea salt flavor. They're gluten free and have amaranth, millet, quinoa and more. It's odd because some of them have a great flavor, and others taste slightly off - almost fishy. I've had the curry flavored ones before and I think they were better.

Photobucket

For dinner we had Sam Mills 100% Corn Pasta. I keep trying various kinds of gluten free pasta, and quite frankly, the only pasta I really like is regular white pasta. The first time I made this, I followed the directions and cooked it for exactly 9 minutes. Afterwards, I realized that the middle was still really al dente. I didn't like it at all but the kiddo, who also only likes white pasta, seemed to enjoy it. Today I cooked it for 13 minutes and it was better, but I still didn't like it. It's not bad, and it doesn't bother me too much that it tastes like corn, but I won't buy it again.

Photobucket

Food disappointments aside, it didn't go above 75ยบ here today, and all the windows are open and there's a great breeze. Hurray!

1 comment:

April said...

Hey girl,

I drew your name for my ebook and want to send it to you. If you email me at apriljune22(at)aim (dot) com I will send you your copy! Cheers!