Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My eating habits the last few days

So I somehow slacked in tracking what I've been eating the last few days.

Here is Monday:

Photobucket

Yesterday and today I primarily have been eating Averie's PB Oat Protein Bars (but with almond butter, because peanut butter seems to give me migraines). I've felt a little off my game eating - sometimes (what seems to be) my IBS makes me generally wary of eating, so if something sounds good I'll eat it. Also, if I have food around that isn't the healthiest (come on, I put chocolate chunks in those bars!) then I kind of eat it until it's gone (which is why I sometimes make something, eat a little bit, and throw out the rest). But the bars are almost gone, so I'll be better again :)

I tried to start today with a smoothie (banana, rice protein, flax, kale, almond milk) but it made my stomach hurt so I couldn't finish it. (I wonder if it was the Almond Breeze I had today as opposed to the Kikkoman Soy I've been having?)

Anyway. More food another day!


ETA: Just found this in the Women's P90X thread! (Shortly after I read that Tony disapproves of Clif bars, when I've been eating and LOVING the Clif Builder's Bars.)

Issue: #56, February 13, 2008
Tony's Top 10 Snacks
Tony Horton, creator of P90X®
I rotate through this list of in-between goodies all week long. I'll even use the PROBAR and the protein shake as meal substitutes. Most of the things on this list can be packed up for travel time. The bars, pretzels, nuts, and graham crackers are perfect fast foods for when you're away from home. So no more excuses! Here are my top 10 snacks.

1.My sticky bar of course (with banana, peanut butter, and granola); see below
2.Almond butter (thinly spread) on organic whole-grain toast
3.Snyder's of Hanover Organic Oat Bran Pretzels
4.PROBAR nutrition bar (original blend), 380 calories of pure joy—and 100% vegan
5.Protein shake—made with banana, half cup of frozen blueberries and strawberries, one tablespoon of flaxseed meal, two ice cubes, protein powder, and rice milk
6.Food For Life's Ezekiel 4:9 cereal with almonds mixed into 8 ounces of plain nonfat yogurt and half cup of fresh blueberries
7.Handful of raw mixed nuts
8.Mi-Del Honey Grahams (whole wheat; eight crackers are 280 calories)
9.CLIF Nectar bars—I like the cinnamon pecan (four organic ingredients and only 170 calories)
10.LARABAR snack bars (ingredients: dates, pecans, almonds; 220 calories)

Tony's Sticky Bar
1/2 medium-size banana
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (organic minus hydrogenated oils, preferably)
1 cup unsweetened granola

Mix and mash all three ingredients into a bowl. Spoon onto a sheet of wax paper. Roll up the contents into hot dog/cigar shape. Stick in the freezer. Ready in about 90 minutes. Cut off little bites or eat the whole thing. Eat it frozen or throw it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Serves 2.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Freezing Time: 90 minutes

Nutritional Information: (per serving)

Calories: 389 Protein: 14 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat Total: 17 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Carbs: 47 g

No comments: