Friday, October 01, 2010

The Best of Feeding Tiny Vegans, part 1


Friday, January 16, 2009 - Started eating sunbutter with a spoon. 

Sunday, January 18, 2009


"I like pizza. I like it."

Well if that isn't a glowing recommendation from a 2 year old, I don't know what is. Especially when she hasn't before declared that she likes something.

So, pizza. Pita pizza. Pita bread, marinara from V'Con (Veganomicon by Isa and Terry) and cashew ricotta from V'Con. She ate almost 1/2 of a decent size pita pocket! Shocking. She was so excited when she saw me making it she sat at the table and waited. Mine had spinach and caramelized onions. 

Friday, January 30, 2009


Seitan

Tiny Vegan has always loved seitan more than me. Either the boiled kind or the steamed/baked kind. Nothing too complicated. Last night I did a variation on the "cheese steaks" I've made in the past. We used VeganDad's lunch meat with Jo Stepaniak's nacho cheeze sauce. I sauteed onions and added the seitan and mushrooms (just cause they were there). Then I put some cheeze sauce on the side of her plate and smothered my plate - she switched plates and ate a bunch!

Loves pancakes too. (VwaV or JoVB)

Monday, February 2, 2009


"Please open clementine mom"

Well. With a complete sentence and all that politeness, how is a mother to say no to something so yummy and healthy? I've been rejecting clementines that are $6 a box because they always suck. Then my dad reminded me only to get Spanish clementines. So I just found a box for $9 and snatched them up. We got home with them about 15 minutes ago and I gave her half of one I ate then she asked for another, at which point she gave me that polite sentence. I peel them and hand them over whole. She separates the segments and lays them out and then eats them. She's working on her 2nd whole clementine now and these are pretty good size ones - not the teeny ones.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009


Feeling like a fraud!

Just a quick note. Totally feeling like a fraud these last few days with this blog - the child won't eat much of anything at all. And her SLEEPING! Oh don't get me started. She refused to nap yesterday and today and last night, she woke up at 11:30pm and spent almost 2 straight hours crying because I refused to give her a bottle (she's 28 months). Horrifying.

Tonight's plan - stuff her full of food and she'll pass out!

A few days ago, I made pasta (this was brown rice pasta) with sauteed mushrooms (she loves), peas (she hates peas in things, it turns out), zucchini and some tofurkey sundried tomato sausage. She ate some pasta and the mushrooms.

From the night before last - I made tofu coated w/ some italian seasoning, panko and ground oats (I'm a lazy batterer/frier) and some broccoli (she loves, usually).
She didn't eat that tofu. She ate the plain 1/2 block she found on the counter :P



No comments: