Friday, January 08, 2010

YRR Soups!

Sorry, no pics to go with this post! I hate posts without pics - I'm sorry. I'll work on it!

Recently I made 3 different soups from Joanna's Yellow Rose Recipes - the Potato Corn Chowdah, Mom's Lentil Soup, and the Carrot Ginger soup - and they were all AWESOME. The Chowdah actually helped me with the craving I've been having for clam chowder sans clams (what can I say? I'm a New Englander! Apparently I was polishing off whole pounds of steamed clams by myself when I was 5 - blech, but anyway) and the omni husband loved it and the carrot ginger soup. He said he liked the lentil soup too, but I'm not convinced.

If you don't have YRR yet, GET IT! It's one of my fav cookbooks, if not my fav.

2 comments:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Every time I try to get YRR, something happens. I got a Barnes and Noble gift card recently, but they don't sell it...the bastahds!

Sarah said...

Mo! Sad! Herbi sells it though, but then one wants to get stickers and t-shirts too. Thankfully my dad got me a big Herbi gift certificate last Christmas.