Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Books!!

I'm a bad MoFo'er, bad! My husband was in Iraq and he just came home last week so that's why I've been away. Bad me!

Anyway, he bought me books! Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian" which is huge and has so many recipes that I don't even care that it's vegetarian and not vegan; Jae Steele's "Get It Ripe"; and the third book I got is the subject of much PPK debate and animosity, the book that must not be named (no negative comments/angry debating allowed). I was just looking at the books at Barnes & Noble and he picked them up and bought them - awesome!! Anyway, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the new recipes right now - recommendations on specific recipes accepted!!

I am happy to report that Teese is now available at Rising Tide Health Foods in Kittery, ME (you're welcome - it was ALL ME (and Karyn!!) to get it there! I shared a sample of some teese the awesome KarynMC sent me) and Portsmouth HFS has dandies! Cool.

Okay, I'm off to watch Biggest Loser - why does it always make me hungry?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am watching the Biggest Loser right now! I always want to either eat or exercise while watching. My mom loves the coconut soup in Get it Ripe, she makes it a lot. I love the brownies.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Yay to the husband being back and new books! And Teese!

sheri (Green and Crunchy) said...

Glad your hubby is home safe and sound! How did solo-parenting duty go for you? Hope the week went smoothly :)

Nice books! I've checked World vegetarian out of the library a few times -- what a hefty book, lots of great foodie goodness in there. You could probably veganize her recipes with success!

I need to see what 'the book that shouldn't be mentioned' is! Oooh...so mysterious!