Monday, January 12, 2009

A Quick Rant brought about by my fondness for GMA

Okay, so it's 8:47am and I'm sitting here watching GMA (my mom always watched when I was a kid and now I'm hooked. Plus I miss the weather people from WABC Channel 7 because I really enjoyed having weather people who could, gee, I don't know . . . give me an accurate forecast? and by watching ABC I get Sam Champion and sometimes Heidi Jones) and they have a story on Good Housekeeping's VIP (Very Innovative Products) of the year, and I just wanted to rant about the first 2 in particular.

1. The Scotch Fur Fighter from 3M - GREAT. Another disposable product. Use a vacuum people!!

2. Tide Total Care from Proctor and Gamble - Well, P&G. A company that widely tests on animals. See Iams Cruelty or some general vivisection info at AAVS or NAVS.
Oh, and did I mention that Iams/P&G likes to use beagle puppies as testers because they don't complain as much?!?!?!?! VOMIT. Oh, and an Iams/Eukanuba truck almost ran me off the road once. Intersting coincidence.

From the NAVS site: (the upside-down triangle indicates that they test on animals.

Procter & Gamble Tester
Subsidiaries
Gillette Co. Tester
Graham Webb Tester
Sebastian Int'l, Inc. Tester
The Iams Company Tester
Wella Corp. Tester
Products
Always
Aussie
Back to Basics
Baldessarini fragrances
Bold
Bounce
Bounty
Braun
Bruno Banani
Camay
Cascade
Charmin
Cheer
Clairol products
Cover Girl
Crest
Dawn
Dolce & Gabbana fragrances
Downy
Dreft
Duracell
Era
Escada fragrances
Eukanuba
Febreeze
Fixodent
Gain
Ghost fragrances
Gillette products
Giorgio Beverly Hills
Gleem
Glide
Halo
Head & Shoulders
Herbal Essences
Hugo Boss fragrances
Iams
Infusium 23
Ivory
Joy
Lacoste fragrances
Luvs
Max Factor
Mr. Clean
Naomi Campbell fragrances
Noxema
Olay
Old Spice
Oral-B
Pampers
Pantene
Physique
Puffs
Puma fragrances
Safeguard
Scope
Secret
SK-II
Swiffer
Tampax
Thermacare
Tide
Ultress
Valentino fragrances
Zest
Zooth