Tuesday, October 21, 2008

RAW, Voting and Juice Buzz!

WOW! I just made some beet-carrot-apple-cuke-ginger juice and Livi and I loved it! I feel a little spinny and light headed and she seems extra happy, so I think it's safe to say we're both buzzin on juice! (And CRAP, I just realized Livi got beet juice on the sofa. *sigh*) Thank you again to the nice lady who sold me a Waring juicer for $8 at her yard sale!

So. I've been spending a LOT of time lately looking at RAW Foods. And I'm intrigued. Not just because of the health aspect, but because some of it seems magical, the way you combine unexpected ingredients to get something sort of familiar. My fav raw place is The Sunny Raw Kitchen. So many amazing recipes!! Heathy's blog is also amazing. And of course, the first RAW I ever saw - Tofu666's! So at first, you might think that RAW sounds a little . . . nuts (hahaha - pardon the pun on what is sometimes a heavily used RAW ingredient). But really, it isn't. How many people, vegetarians and vegans included, don't eat enough raw fruits and veggies? A lot. Too many, I'm sure. So while RAW can be complex, it can also be simple. Fruits for breakfast. Salads for lunch. "Sauteed" veggies for dinner. All so simple if you think about it! In order to help, I am currently waiting on money to magically arrive from the US Army so that I can buy a Good4U Dehydrator! And eventually a VitaMix or Blendtec Blender. And sooner than that, a spiralizer for spiral cutting fruits and veggies!

And more happy news. The polls are set up at my local town hall! Obama, I'm coming for you! You can count on me! WOO!


No comments: