Thursday, July 24, 2008

Some of my favorite things

Okay. Great, yummy, vegan things you can buy off the shelf. Expensive, but they're yummy!

Miss rice krispie treats? Glenny's marshmallow treats! http://www.glennys.com/marshmallow-treats-c-26.html

Miss pudding from a cup, ready to go, without fuss? Zen Soy puddings! http://www.zensoy.com/health.html#puddings

Whipped cream? Soyatoo! http://www.soyatoo.com/en/start/

Those are my favorites right now. I'll let you know if I find new yummies!

I made VCon sushi! I thought I liked it, but I changed my mind. I blame the nori. I'm sticking to spring rolls. But they're pretty!

Photobucket

Photobucket


The infamous Egg McVegan from vegweb!

Photobucket

My first wrap on a collard green! With some of the ED&BV cashew white bean cheese spread (the right way!) stuff. Yummy!!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Erin said...

So much delicious food! The egg mcvegan looks really good.

Anne said...

I was at the book store yesterday hemming and hawing over whether or not to but Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan. Now that I see what you've made from it I'm definitely going to take the plunge!

Nicole said...

Your sushi looks perfect! I'm jealous.

Sarah said...

thanks to all! and sweet - it was easier than i thought. sad i don't like it! darn nori.

Anonymous said...

WholeAndNatural.com has a large selection of healthy snacks including Glennys Marshmallow Treats.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the freshly made sushi - the nori has weird texture and is SUPER fishy! But I couldn't bear to throw it away so I discovered a neat thing - it's WAY better the next day.

Refrigerate some overnight - the moisture in the rice softens the nori and mellows out the flavor. If you still don't like it, well, you tried! Ha!

Oh the only downside is overnight sushi with avocado will brown. Obviously.

But still.

Hi, by the way! Yours is one of the blogs I randomly drop in on every couple of months. :)

Cindy said...

i know this is an old post, but I was wondering what puffed tofu is? Looks yummy!

Sarah said...

Hi Cynthia - it is yummy! This stuff: http://superiortofu.com/archives/143 - somehow they puff it so it is big and airy. Sorta. It is good!

Cindy said...

Thanks!

Sarah said...

You're welcome! I forgot to mention I got it at my local Asian foods store.

And thanks Mack!