Sunday, June 22, 2008

Toddlers like real food too!

So I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like a lot of people feed their kids total crap. Now, maybe I shouldn't care if it isn't my girl, but I do - it really annoys me. Kids don't know better, and if adults don't, then they need to figure it out. And this isn't just a vegan thing, though kids and the world we all live in would be better off if we were all vegans.

So anyway. Too many kids grow up as really picky eaters who only eat crap and dead animals willingly. People - feed your kids health food! They will love it! My beautiful Livi is proof.

Livi loves asparagus - steamed is okay, but sauteed in garlic and olive oil is better!

Photobucket

Here she is eating coconut jasmine rice and edamame, red peppers and onions in a coconut curry sauce.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here she is with a nice veggie and tofu stir-fry.

Photobucket

Sweet and sour veggies and tofu with rice.

Photobucket

A hummus and veggie sandwich on whole wheat bread - she loves whole wheat!

Photobucket

Artichokes with a mustardy lemon dipping sauce.

Photobucket

Strawberry shortcake - whole wheat scones and strawberries (VwaV recipes) with Soyatoo. YUM!

Photobucket

Corn on the cob! With earth balance.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Scrambled tofu, whole wheat toast, and mine with smart bacon - yum!

Photobucket

Photobucket



Tofurkey roll with stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy.

Photobucket

Eating some of my leftover tofurkey sandwich with a side of berries.

Photobucket

Also, the girl loves her books!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

pavotrouge said...

Livi is incredibly cute... and yes, most people feed their kids total crap because they don't really know (want to know?) better. I grew up on fast food rubbish as well and somehow I made it :) Seems like times are changing at bit, though.

Erin said...

Good for you and Livi! She is very pretty. I look at what families have in their grocery carts and it makes me very sad sometimes.

Sarah said...

I made it too pavo, but we can still do better and expect better. :)

Erin - It makes me very sad too -

Chessa said...

She is so cute! I'm loving seeing other toddlers eating "real" food - our little dude (now 2) has been eating off our plates since we started him on solids - and he has such a wide palate! Asparagus, bok choy (his new fave!) tofu scrambles, seitan, rice and beans...the list goes on and on. I feel so bad for all the kids out there that are never exposed to anything good and somehow survive on gerber puffs and things from jars.

Sarah said...

By the way, thanks ladies for your kind comments :)

And chessa, Livi loves bok choy in her stir fry! You'll notice I'm buying some baby bok choy at the farmer's market, even though it's $2.25-$3.00/each.

And Livi loved those rotten puffs for awhile - alas :) It was a pretty brief phase though.

tofufreak said...

lucky girl she is!! very adorable too :D