Saturday, February 25, 2006

Wow - what do you eat?

So the inevitable question is - "what do you eat?" My new, slightly sarcastic answer is "well, i'm not starving, am I? I mean, I'm not wasting away here!"

For the past few days I've been writing down everything I eat (reason to be discussed later) and I realized that I should post it online! Will it be amazingly fun and cute and enjoyable (i.e. what is prolly my favorite blog ever, http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/) ? I doubt it, but I'm doing it anyway! :)

Today I've only had a V8, some water, some OJ (calcium and vitamin D enhanced, natch) and a piece of whole wheat bread with Tofutti cream cheese and sliced green olives, so I'm clearly off to a slow start. But I'm going to Whole Foods later! Speaking of WF - I really miss the one in Raleigh, NC - these Manhattan ones are surprisingly sucky - I want my bulk foods aisle!!! Plus I have to spend $4 to get there and back and it takes like an hour each way.

My staple for Wednesday and Friday was leftover Eggplant Pilaf. There is an actual specific recipe in "Fast Vegetarian Food" by Matthew Drennan, but I never follow it exactly. I sautee 1/2 to 3/4 of a large onion in olive oil and then add 1 large diced eggplant. After that cooks up and gets tender, I add 1 cup of bulghur and 2 cups of veggie broth. This gets turned up to a boil, and then the temp is turned down to a simmer until the liquid is absorbed. It's sooooooo yummy and it made me realize my eggplant addiction.

1 comment:

Emily Card said...

Hey, I tracked back to your blog from mine ;o) I tried to write down everything I eat, but I couldn't commit to it for long. Pretty neat idea.

Emily
--eggplant is weird...something about the texture....